Friday 24 August 2012

Vaughan's First Huddersfield Town Interview

James Vaughan has joined The Yorkshire Club on a season long loan and gave an insight into why he has chosen the terriers instead of numerous other clubs. Vaughan was announced Town's latest signing this afternoon and will bolster Grayson's attacking options immediately for the clash against Burnley on Saturday;

"It has been a very quick turnaround but hopefully I will be involved in some way tomorrow. I am here to play first team football so the sooner the better really. I want to help the Club do well and on a personal front score some goals. I didn't want to go out on a short term deal; I have done that before and I didn't really want to do it again. With the loan being season long it gives me time to bed in, get to know the players and then hopefully push on earn a starting place and help the team progress."

Vaughan did feature heavily in Norwich City's pre-season campaign but the striker believes that his chances of first team football at the Canaries was very slim;

"When we returned for pre-season I knew pretty quickly that if I wanted to play first team football then I was going to have to make a move. Once the season started properly I wasn't involved too much and after speaking to the manager he said that it would probably be a good idea to have a look elsewhere for first team football."

"Huddersfield made it clear that they were interested in me and they did all they could to get the deal done as quickly as possible. I have a few friends who have played at the football club before and they had nothing but good words to say about it. It is a club that I feel is going in the right direction and I am looking forward to being a part of it."

James Vaughan did admit that these two friends were Lee Peltier & Anthony Pilkington who used to play for the terriers before moving onto different clubs respectively;

"I spoke to both of them and they both said that I would enjoy it up here and that it was a fantastic place to play football."




Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment