Monday 13 August 2012

Dixon Ready To Step Up To English Football

Paul Dixon joined the terriers from Scottish side Dundee United in the current transfer window on a three year deal and he is ready to make his full debut for his new club against Preston North End in the Capital One Cup first round tonight.

The 25 year old left back can't wait to start playing his football south of the border and spoke to the Examiner about the challenge which lies ahead;

"It's always been an aim of mine to come and play in England and it's a big challenge for me. I'm very grateful to the manager and staff for bringing me here and hopefully I can repay their faith by starting games, playing well and helping the club achieve results. This is a step up for me, coming from the SPL to the Championship. I'm moving forward in my career, otherwise why would I have given up European football if I didn't think it was a step up?"

"And I'm really looking forward to the Preston and Cardiff games. People might say it's only the League Cup, but it's a competitive game and as a footballer you never want to lose. We want to win and we want to go through to the next round and do well."

A disappointing pre-season of football for the terriers saw them pick up just one victory and end with a loss against Barcelona B at The John Smiths Stadium. However, Dixon remained positive about the situation;

"Pre-season has been a bit up and down for us, but there have been a lot of positive signs to take into the season and we are all very positive."




Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment