Friday 3 August 2012

Southern Glad To Be Back Playing

Keith Southern made his very first appearence since signing for the terriers in the 1-0 defeat against Crewe Alexandra. The result may not have been. Good and neither was the performance but this didn't dampen Southerns delight at playing football once again;

"I only met the lads a couple of days ago and this is my first game of pre-season, so I haven't played for a couple of months. I enjoyed it. It wasn't the performance or the result that the Gaffer was looking for, but from a personal point of view it was nice to get some minutes under my belt."

Southern nearly scored on his debut for Huddersfield but his glancing header unfortunately went the wrong side of the post in a game which saw the terriers struggle to create any clear cut chances;

"The players have welcomed me into the group. There are a lot of young boys in the team and they are a really good bunch, so I'm looking forward to working with them. I've played in many pre-seasons and in some we've won all our games but then gone on to lose the first three League games! Equally I've played in sides that don't win at all in pre-season, but then start the competitive games on fire so the results can be a little bit false at times."

"The pitch was a little bit sticky and I don't think it helped the lads' passing game that they wanted to play, but personally it was all about getting minutes on the pitch. I should have scored though!"

"There are some really good players here – everyone can see that. When we put passes together and got the ball moving, which wasn't as often as we would have liked at Crewe, you could still see the talent of the players. It's about nurturing that talent and I think we'll get better over the next two weeks, definitely."




Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment