Tuesday 21 August 2012

Jack Hunt States Terriers Have Set Their Own Standard

Its been four days since Jack Hunt kept Craig Bellamy in his back pocket when Huddersfield unfortunately came away from the Welsh capital with a loss but he has today stated that the club has set its own standard with their impressive football. Huddersfield Town sit near the bottle of The Championship table after one game but they are looking for all three points tonight against Nottingham Forest at The John Smiths Stadium;

"We went to Cardiff with a game plan and it worked for 90 minutes, sadly Cardiff got a little bit of luck in stoppage time and won the three points, which could have easily been ours. I want to do my best for the team and I thrive under the big occasion. I loved my Championship debut but was absolutely gutted by the result. We have set our standards for the season after the performance against Cardiff. At home the fans will expect us to attack more and that is something we will work on. The way we played at Cardiff worked very well and it is something we will try and replicate. At home we will try and attack more and hopefully we will kick things off with three points against Nottingham Forest."

Jack Hunt had to be equal to Bellamy all game on Friday and did exactly that as he kept the pacey winger/striker quiet for the majority of the match. Hunt expressed how much this meant to him in his pre-match interview;

"He was giving me a little bit of advice about how I could maybe improve my game and we were just having a general chat. He was a really nice guy and I can't speak highly enough of him. In my eyes Craig Bellamy is a player who could still do well in the Premier League and he has had a fantastic career so I thought it would be nice to get his shirt, it is something I will cherish. I showed him a lot of respect on the pitch but you have to be fearless. If I had shown him that I was afraid of his ability then he would have probably taken advantage of that – it was nice to keep him quiet."

Jack Hunt also indicated that he wants to not only keep players quiet defensively but also show his attacking attributes in The Championship in order to help the team out as much as possible;

"I scored three goals last season and I have a figure in my head of how many goals I want to score and assists I want to make. I have been practising shooting a lot with my left foot as a lot of defenders know that I like to go down the line on my right."

No comments:

Post a Comment