Monday 6 August 2012

Norwood Speaks About His Manchester United Career

Oliver Norwood joined the terriers after they achieved promotion into the Championship but it was later evelaed that he had rejected a new contract offer from the red devils in order to do so. Norwood has experienced loan spells at clubs such as Scunthorpe & Coventry and was being tipped as the next Paul Scholes but the young midfielder snubbed a contract extension in order to progress his career at a Championship level.

Norwood was given the blessing from Man Utd manager Sir Alex Ferguson before he made his transfer to the Yorkshire club and he spoke about his career with one of footballs biggest clubs;

"I had a fantastic schooling at United, and latterly I was training with the likes of Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand. You can't fail to learn from watching players like that at close quarters, and hopefully Huddersfield will see the benefit."

"I could have stayed with United, played in their reserves and hoped to get a chance in the first team, but realistically, I think I needed to move away and as soon as I spoke to Huddersfield, it was an easy decision to make. When I told Sir Alex of my choice, he was great. He told me I was a good player going to a good club and that the next time he saw me, it should be in the Premier League!"

"I'm an ambitious player and Town are an ambitious club, and while nobody is getting carried away, I certainly don't think we should fear anyone playing in the Championship. We haven't produced the kind of performances we'd have liked so far in pre-season, but we have a good squad here and I'm confident we'll give it a right good go."

Oliver Norwood has appeared in all the pre-season friendlies under new manager Simon Grayson and is extremely pleased with the team spirit that is currently in the terriers camp/squad;

It's second to none and I already feel like I've been here for ages. There are always tough times in the course of a season, and it's crucial everyone sticks together, and these are the kind of lads who will."




Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment