Thursday 9 August 2012

Clayton Says He & The Squad Are Ready

The 23 year old new signing from rivals Leeds United last night let Huddersfield Town and the rest of The Championship know that he is raring to go along with the rest of the squad. Clayton gave a decent performance in the blue & white stripes last night and was unlucky not to score a goal as he made the Barcelona B goalkeeper work late on in the game.

Clayton, a former Manchester City player, played alongside Norwood & Southern last night and is expected to have a successful season for Town with hopefully a number of goals to celebrate. He spoke to the official website regarding the performance against Barcelona B;

"It was a good run-out, when we had the ball! We played some decent football and probably could have scored a couple of goals. It was a good game for us to have before the start of the season because we won't come against a team like that in the Championship, who use and keep the ball so well."

"For 65 minutes I thought we did quite well at keeping the ball out and I don't think Alex had a save to make really before they scored. It was a good night's work. We can't wait for the season to start now, we are ready to go. The team is raring to go. The camaraderie within the squad is brilliant and the coaching staff keeps everyone happy – it is a good place to be. We have a tough start, but that is the Championship, that is why all the fans went to watch at Wembley because of the challenge that lied ahead if they were successful. Personally I can't wait for the season to start, I have had two months away from competitive football and I can't wait to be back out on the grass, scoring goals."

Clayton linked up well with winger Sean Scannell against Barcelona B and the versatile midfielder expressed his opinions on the pacey Londoner;

"I didn't really know too much about Sean when I joined the Club, he got sent off against us when I was at Leeds last season. He has impressed me a lot this pre-season, but he just needs to shoot a bit more, which I keep telling him to do. Hopefully he will be able to reach double figures this season, as will I, and it will take a bit of the pressure off the strikers."



Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment