Wednesday 29 August 2012

Spencer Extends Contract

Jimmy Spencer has today agreed to extend his contract at Huddersfield Town for an extra year. The striker has often been loaned out to various other clubs but with a decent pre-season he has managed to catch the eye of the manager, Simon Grayson. Spencer made his first competitive appearance for Huddersfield at the start of the season against Preston in the Capital One Cup & was one of the better players.

Grayson expressed how happy he was to be able to negotiate a contract with Jimmy;

"Jimmy has done well on loan over the last couple of years and gained experience of what first-team football is like. His attitude and performances over pre-season have impressed us, hence why he has been involved at the start of the season. I am delighted that he has got a new contract and he is a player that we will be working with closely with over the next few years to make him a better all-round player."

Spencer vowed to continue to fight for his spot in the Starting XI as well as being delighted to have sorted a small part of his future out;

"The new deal gives me reassurance about my future; I wanted to stay at Huddersfield Town and I am delighted that a longer deal has been sorted. I have enjoyed pre-season and I am delighted that I have been involved in the manager's plans for the opening few games."





Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment