Thursday 23 August 2012

Norwood Looking Forward To Burnley Clash


Huddersfield Town will host Burnley at The John Smiths Stadium on Saturday and after picking up their first point in The Championship for eleven years the whole squad is buzzing. This is no different for young midfielder Oliver Norwood who has made a very impressive start for the terriers in pre-season & the first two matches of the season.

Norwood will go against not only his hometown club but also the club he has supported since a young lad and he is excited to do just that;

"Oh yes I’m a Burnley fan. I was brought up there, I still live there and it will be nice to play against them – really special for me. I played last year at Burnley when I was on loan with Coventry and set up the equalising goal, which was great."

"To be honest, I don’t even think who I’m playing against once I cross the white line, but it will be great if we can beat Burnley so I can have a bit of banter afterwards with my family and friends."

Norwood is confident that Huddersfield Town will be able to compete in this league but insisted that the entire squad must continue with what they are currently doing;

"We have to keep believing in ourselves and we’ll be fine. We’ve shown what we can do against two good sides and we have more than enough ability to do well."

No comments:

Post a Comment