Wednesday 15 August 2012

Grayson Excited With Championship Challenge Which Lies Ahead

Simon Grayson has an abundance of experience in the second tier of English football but has admitted he is still very much excited to be in The Championship with the terriers. Since gaining promotion he immediately started to re-shape the team to his own liking and has brought in equally experienced players at this level as well as those with a point to prove.

Pre-season hasn't been great for Huddersfield and they have only achieved one victory against Chesterfield and to add to this they crashed out of the Capital One Cup with a poor display away at Preston. However, Grayson is confident that they can make their mark on The Championship this year & stay well clear of the relegation zone;

"It's our first season back in the Championship for 11 years so if you can't get excited about that, I don't know what is going to get you excited. There's been a buzz among the players and a buzz around the town and the area since we went up and Friday is the day when everyone will realise 'this is now, this is the Championship"

"We are where we are and we've worked hard to achieve it – so let's enjoy it."

"I'm in a privileged position because I was wanted – and felt wanted – by a chairman in Dean Hoyle after I had been made unemployed, and I'm fortunate to be at a very passionate football club, one which is forward thinking and got a lot of ambition about it. Those ambitions are both on the pitch and off the pitch and, in those terms, I am fortunate because many other managers would love to be in my position. I have no intention of resting on my laurels, though, and I'm working hard to make sure we do well this season and push forward for many years to come."

"I love football and I love challenges. I had big challenges as manager at my previous two clubs and feel I handled those situations okay, and now this is a fresh challenge for me and one I'm certainly looking forward to. If you can't enjoy challenges as a football manager then you might as well go and find another line of work. We know what level we want to try and achieve this year and we will give it our best shot"

"Everyone will work hard in every game and we will have some good results and we'll have some bad results because it's the Championship. The Championship is very demanding, it's very even and it's very tough, but it's a challenge we know all about, it's one we are looking forward to and it's not one we are fearful of."



Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment