Saturday 13 October 2012

Scannell Ready To Earn His Place

Sean Scannell arrived as Grayson's very first signing in the summer but a hamstring injury in August has seen the pacey winger forced onto the sidelines with just one Championship start to his name this season. Now, Scannell has vowed to earn his place in the starting eleven through hard work & commitment on the training field and do everything in his power to start against Wolves in the terriers next Championship game;

"I've settled in really well. The rest of the lads have been brilliant, the club have really looked after me and the fans have been fantastic. But I really want to show them what I'm all about, and that means playing games."

"We have a great squad, so when you miss a game for whatever reason it can be tough to get back in, but I'm ready to get my head down and work really hard. I enjoyed the match against Leeds & it was good to get a long run-out under my belt and training provides another opportunity to stake a claim."

"It's been a decent start for us. Our position in the table seems to have surprised a few people, but not me. The Championship is a very competitive division, but I've seen the talent we have here, and while nobody is getting carried away, there's no reason why we can't keep playing the way we have been."




Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment