Tuesday 10 July 2012

Spencer To Get His Chance

Simon Grayson is ready to give regular loanee out Jimmy Spencer a chance to shine and cement his place in the Huddersfield Town squad. The striker spent his entire season last year at Cheltenham where he made a very impressive 50 appearances scoring 11 goals in all competitions.

Spencer has been a regular 'out on loan' player for the terriers and has enjoyed spells at several clubs including Northwich, Morecambe and of course Cheltenham. Jimmy had this to say a few days ago;

"Huddersfield Town is my club and I want to try and get in the first team. I have another year on my contract and I need show them what I can do."

Spencer took his goal tally into double figures last season but this couldn't avoid Cheltenham heartbreak at Wembley as their promotion campaign came to an end with a two nil defeat to Crewe. Jimmy was gutted but also pleased with his performances over the season;

"I wanted to reach double figures so I am happy to get there, but I have had chances and I should probably be on 17 or 18 at least."

Grayson gave his take on Spencer by saying;

"We've had Jimmy watched and I've been checking him out on DVD. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the flesh and he'll have the chance to force his way into our plans during pre-season."
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment