Tuesday 31 July 2012

Alan Lee Vows To Fight Back To Full Fitness

Huddersfield Towns popular striker Alan Lee ended last season with a slight knee injury and has been trying to shake it off in the three pre-season ties which he has featured in. Today he has spoken about the injury as well as stating that he will fight back to be made available for Grayson to select him in the opening Championship fixture against Cardiff City;

"I was carrying a knee injury at the end of last season. Because the games were coming thick and fast, it was a case of managing it, and that limited the amount of training I could do. Then in the close-season, I was told to take four weeks’ complete rest when normally I would have been doing bits and bats on my own, which was frustrating. That meant I was slightly behind some when we came back, and while I’m a little bit rusty, I’m feeling good and trying hard to make up for lost time." 
"I’m now able to take part in all the sessions, which is saving me from some ribbing from the rest of the lads, who are keen to point out my advancing years! We’ve had a good trip to Scotland, and the friendlies so far have provided just the kind of tests we were needing. Everything is geared towards those games at Preston and Cardiff, and I’m confident I will be available for selection."

No comments:

Post a Comment