Wednesday 11 July 2012

Lynch: Looking Forward To Next Season

New terrier Joel Lynch gave his reasons as to why he chose Huddersfield Town over numerous other clubs including a few from the Premiership. The versatile defender stated that the club was sold to him in just 5 minutes from chairman Hoyle & manager Grayson.

He spoke to the official website this morning and here is what he had to say;

"When I first came here I met the Manager and the Chairman and straight away I had a good feeling about the place. My first impressions were so positive; within five minutes they had pretty much sold the Club to me. I've been to a few other places and this Club attracted me the most. The Chairman's ambition is fantastic and it's great that he is a supporter - it's better for the whole Club."

"I actually watched a few Huddersfield games last year and I was impressed by the team at the time, so with the new players coming in it should be even better. I've played against quite a few of the lads over the years and there are a lot of good players. I'm looking forward to meeting them and getting to know them. I'm looking forward to playing in a team that plays exciting football."

"I'm looking forward to the season; it's a new challenge. It's such a nice stadium and I'll enjoy my football here. I just want to play as many games as I can and hopefully cement my place at the back. I'd like to get in the Wales squad again and become more involved there, but that will only happen if I'm playing games for Huddersfield."

Joel Lynch played over 30 games in the Championship last season at Nottingham Forest and believes the league is going to be very difficult this year;

"I played in the Championship last year and I felt that quite a lot of the teams were similar. However, when you look around and see the players that everyone is bringing in, it looks like a tough League this season. With the players that we've brought in and the squad that was already here, combined with the Manager and the Chairman's ambition, I think we can only do well. We'll all work as hard as we can and see what happens."

Lynch is well know for his ability to not only play at centre back but can also do a very decent job at left back;

"I prefer playing at centre half, but I can do a job at left back; I enjoy both positions. I'm hard-working and I like to get on the ball - I'm not just a simple 'head it and boot it' centre half!"

Lynch will have to go against his former club pretty soon as Forest are the first team to visit The Galpharm on August 21st but Lynch only wants to get all three points for the terriers come that time;

"Obviously we play Nottingham Forest in our first home game and I'm looking forward to it. I played my old team Brighton when I first joined Forest and scored, so it would be nice if that happened again! It'll be a great evening for me."
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment