Thursday 12 July 2012

Alan Lee Extends Contract

Alan Lee has today ended the speculation surrounding himself as he signs a new one year contract with the terriers and shall remain with them during this Championship campaign. The 33 year old has valuable experience in the second tier of English football where he has appeared 347 times in his career.

Whilst at Huddersfield Town, Lee has become a crowd favourite and subsequently has scored 10 times in 76 appearances including that famous goal away at Arsenal. In addition to this, Lee has superb attributes in the air which causes the back four of any team to struggle against him. Grayson is pleased to have Lee in his squad for the upcoming season;

"It's great Alan will continue with us; he's a great influence in the changing room and he gives us a different type of option in attack with his physical presence and aerial ability. He also has good experience of the Championship and I have no doubt he will help some of his younger teammates adapt to the challenges this division will bring."

Alan Lee also spoke about how he has enjoyed his time at Huddersfield Town and can't wait for the next season to begin;

"I can't wait for the season to start! Ever since the Wembley celebrations I have wanted the new season to come around. To have Cardiff City - one of my old clubs - on the opening day is terrific and it's such a lift to be promoted. We sorted the deal easily quite a while ago now and everyone has been comfortable in leaving things until today just to do the formalities. I'm so motivated and I'm not here to make the numbers up; I'm training hard to make it very difficult for the Gaffer not to start me. I'll do everything I possibly can to start the first game, but we have some very talented centre forwards here too."

"This squad can compete in the Championship, without a doubt. Some of the lads don't have the experience of the Championship, but without getting carried away we've seen teams go up and continue the momentum and we have high expectations of ourselves."


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment