Friday 6 July 2012

Clayton: I Can't Wait To Get Going


Clayton has only just joined Huddersfield Town but already he has spoke out about the reasons behind becoming a terrier as well as how ambitious the club is under chairman Dean Hoyle. Clayton joined Town this morning for an undisclosed fee on a three year contract;

"It's the ambition of the place to be honest; once the Manager called me and I came down to meet the Chairman it was obvious. Everything about Huddersfield Town is moving forward and I want to go to the same place as the Club - I think this is a great place to achieve that."

"I want to play in the Premier League; I'm young and ambitious and I think this is an ambitious team too. I think the Club and I can grow together. I can't wait to get going. I was in this league last year and there's nothing to fear about the Championship. People have seen what Southampton and Norwich have done and although I'm not saying that we'll go straight up - I'm not getting carried away - I think the ingredients are here for us to do well."

Clayton is reunited with former manager Simon Grayson who he played under whilst at Leeds United;

"Obviously I've worked with Simon and 'Snods' before and I know how we works day-to-day. I've worked with Ian Miller for even longer as he was at Manchester City with me. We got on well as they are great people to work with and I enjoyed my football under them, which I'm sure can be the same again. Steve Eyre is a good friend of mine too - he's been coaching me since I was nine years old. I know I'm going to enjoy the day-to-day work and that's the most important factor for me when you join a new football club, because it will mean you play your best football."

"The Chairman is infectious; he's a top man. He really speaks the truth and lets you know exactly what's going on at the Club. After meeting him, and knowing the staff here, it was a no-brainer really. I like to do a bit of everything in central midfield. Carlisle deployed me in quite an attacking role, but when I first arrived at Leeds it was quite a defensive one. I like to do both; I can get my goals in but I like a tackle too."

Clayton will join a completely new squad but insists that he will start to feel completely at home with the terriers;

"As soon as you get in the dressing room it will soon feel like home. I'm sure I'll get some stick about what I wear, but I'll give some back! I can't wait to get the first training session done."

No comments:

Post a Comment