Monday 9 July 2012

Allinson Extends Terriers Stay

Young goalkeeper Lloyd Allinson has today signed a new contract which will keep him at the club for a further year at least. Simon Grayson offered the contract to Allinson during the closed season and today he accepted the terms & clauses and signed on the dotted line.

Simon Grayson spoke about Lloyd Allinson to the official website;

"Lloyd has done well when he's trained with the first team and we think he has a good future in front of him. We're delighted that he's signed, but the hard work starts again for him now. Just because the young professionals have signed new deals, it doesn't mean they have made it - the hard work of trying to get into the first team starts now."

"He's got great role models here to learn from and Steve Eyre is here to work the development group hard. We'll see how he goes and the intention is to play him in development games that we'll have organised, but there is nothing better than senior league football for these lads - they learn quickly as the games mean something."

"Lloyd's loan at Ilkeston last season was great for him and we might look to do the same again, just as we might do for one or two of the other younger players here."

Allinson also gave his opinion on the new contract and stated that it was an easy decision to stay at the terriers;

"I wanted to put my name on the contract straight away. It's another year to impress and that is exactly what I want to do this season. The other goalkeepers are a big help to me. I train with Nick and he has a lot of experience to pass on, whereas 'Benno' gives particularly good advice to me. Even Alex is pretty experienced despite his age and I do great work with John Vaughan, so I have a lot of people here to help me out."

"I only played four games for Ilkeston, but I took a lot from that loan spell. When I went there I could see how much everyone wanted promotion and it puts more pressure on your shoulders as they put their trust in me, but that's what I need. I just want to keep improving in training this season. Time is on my side, so I'll be patient and try to impress - then we'll see what happens. I'm happy at Huddersfield Town."
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment