Sunday 16 September 2012

Grayson Will Be Patient Over Beckford

Simon Grayson has not given up his chase to sign out of form Leicester City striker Jermaine Beckford regardless of if the players agent has declared he is staying with the foxes. Grayson has been keen on the ex-Leeds United goalscorer for a while now but he was extremely disappointed for the plug to be pulled on a loan deal which would of secured the strikers name for at least a season at the terriers.

However, Beckford knows he is wanted and with him still not being played in the starting XI at Leicester City, Grayson firmly believes he has a chance of re-sparking another loan deal;

"I think the Beckford deal will probably be off for a while, I'm disappointed we couldn't conclude that on deadline day but we will see what's available. I'm pleased with the options I've got, but Jermaine's deal would have been the icing on the cake. I could go and sign another striker tomorrow but I don't think the ones that are available are any better than what we've got."

"I think it's been put on the back burner from Leicester's point of view, I think they're going to keep him for a while but you never know in football, we thought we'd done a deal but things can change quickly."




Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment