Saturday 1 September 2012

Debut Went Down Well For Hammill

Hammill was handed his debut today for Huddersfield Town as the terriers came away from Portman Road with a well deserved point. The Wolves winger arrived on loan late last night until January and that meant he was eligible to play for Huddersfield today. Hammill came off the bench and immediately impressed as he featured heavily in the second equalising goal as well as creating the chance which led to the penalty late on for Huddersfield;

"It was a good debut. I haven't forgotten how fast this League is, but the game still took me a little bit by surprise! I think I showed a little bit of what I can do and hopefully when I play more I show more and get a few goals."

Hammill was one of Grayson's main targets as the transfer deadline came to an abrupt end last night and the winger admitted that game time & knowing Grayson was a massive factor for him coming to The John Smiths Stadium;

"I've left Wolves to play as many games as possible. I've played in this League before and I've done well in it, so hopefully I can eventually establish myself in the side under Simon Grayson."

"I know the Manager well because I've played under him at Blackpool – he knows what to expect from me and me from him, so it's a good match. I'm happy playing anywhere across the midfield, whether it's wide or behind the front man like I did today. To be honest I'll play anywhere the manager wants me!"





Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment