Saturday 29 September 2012

Beckford Ready To Work Hard

Jermaine Beckford has spoken for the first time since his arrival from Leicester City on loan last night. The striker has fallen out of favour at the Foxes since the arrival of Pearson and now has a chance to show what he is worth at Huddersfield Town. Under Simon Grayson and his backroom staff, Beckford was one of the most prolific goalscorers in English football but has since has failed to impress at Leicester City.

A brief spell at Everton in the Premiership has given the striker some much needed experience of how things are in the top leagues and now Beckford is ready to fight for his place and most importantly score goals for Huddersfield Town;

"I'm delighted we've got the deal over the line and now I'm looking forward to actually getting out there and showing everyone what I'm about and what I can do. I just want to be playing games, but it is just one of those unfortunate situations where I was pushed down the pecking order. That is football."

"I hope I can showcase what I can do here and get a few goals to help maintain this amazing run Huddersfield Town has been on. Obviously I've worked with the Manager, 'Snods' and 'Dusty' before and when I heard they were interested in bringing me in and giving me a chance to play it was almost a no-brainer. We have such a good relationship and I know exactly what type of football they like to play, which suits me."

"The technical staff wants me to do what I do; come in, enjoy the games and get some goals. That's what I'm looking forward to doing. I've played with a few of the lads here too and I've probably played against all of them, so we all kind of know each other one way or another. I'm looking forward to getting in with them and fighting in their corner."

With both strikers at Huddersfield Town on great form, Beckford understands that he may have to wait a while before being given a chance at showing the fans what he can do;

"I'm not here to try and push anyone out or ruffle any feathers, I'm here to dig deep, work hard and hopefully get a few goals and a few assists to get the other boys on the score-sheet. It's been an amazing run the Club has been on and they've probably exceeded expectations and I hope it continues."

"I'm excited about the Watford game. My last game was on 1 September and I'm excited to say the least! If I'm involved then brilliant, but I understand football and I'm not expecting to come in and take anyone's spot, like I said. I'm just happy to be given this chance."



Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment