Monday 14 January 2013

Hammill; "That’s To Say Thanks"

Hammill celebrates his stoppage time goal at the weekend
Adam Hammill has come out and thanked both the Huddersfield Town fans and club for his time at the terriers and for supporting him through one of his toughest times as a professional footballer. Adam Hammill's loan with Huddersfield has come to an end today and he will return to Wolves where his future remains a huge uncertainty. However, Hammill finished his loan spell in style by securing a last minute point with a stunning solo effort against Birmingham City at the weekend.

In October, Adam Hammill was alleged to have assaulted two paramedics on a night out in Liverpool and he later pleaded guilty to the allegations in court. This led to 12 weeks imprisonment (suspended for 12 months) and could well have seen his football career come to an end. Huddersfield Town stuck by the winger through his trial and sentencing and he ultimately repaid them with a fantastic individual goal which he dedicated to the club & fans in an interview with the Huddersfield Examiner;
"That’s to say thanks for all the support I’ve had at Huddersfield Town. It’s been a massive learning curve for me, I’m genuinely sorry for what I did, and I’d like to say thank you to Huddersfield Town and their supporters for the backing they’ve given me."

"I think most people who know me would say I’m not a bad lad, but I did make a huge mistake, and I feel like I’ve been given a second chance. I want to take that second chance, and if I was to come back here, I’d be more than happy. But the ball is not really in my court. I am a Wolves player, I am under contract until the end of next season, and I haven’t yet had chance to speak to the new manager."

No comments:

Post a Comment