Tuesday 15 January 2013

Atkinson Signs Extension With Terriers

Atkinson celebrating the opening goal against Leeds United
Huddersfield Town have managed to negotiate a one year extension to 20 year old midfielder Chris Atkinson's contract with the option of a further 12 months if the terriers want to keep the youngster. Chris Atkinson's contract was due to end in the summer but after an impressive loan spell for Chesterfield last season which saw him net five goals in sixteen appearances, Simon Grayson has rewarded him with this contract extension.

Atkinson has made six first team appearances for Huddersfield Town and was more than delighted with his contract extension when he spoke to the official website earlier today;
"It is fantastic news. I am over the moon. I have been at the club since I was seven and I am delighted that I am going to be here as it continues to move forward. I have learned a lot about the game this season thanks in part to my loan at Chesterfield. I needed to go out and play first-team football to continue my development. My time there has stood me in good stead as I continue to learn about the Championship." 

No comments:

Post a Comment