Wednesday 23 May 2012

Wardy Ready For Wembley

Danny Ward is set to feature in his third consecutive Play-Off final on Saturday when the terriers take on Sheffield United at Wembley. The ex Swindon Town man has experienced both the joys of gaining promotion as well as the disappointment if that last vital game of the season is lost. Danny spoke to the official website earlier today;
"It's a fantastic time for us and we can't wait to play on the biggest stage. I've played there before and lost, which was obviously disappointing, but I think it's good to have that experience behind me. Hopefully it will end a bit better this time."
"It's every boy's dream to play at Wembley and I'm no different. It won't overwhelm me because I've been there before, but it's fantastic that I have the chance to play there again. I want to come away with the win this time. There is so much excitement there when you run out in front of 70,000 chanting and screaming fans - it's a fantastic feeling. Like we've all said though, you have to keep focused and keep your head on the game."
The man in the opposition's dugout, Danny Wilson, is the ex manager of Danny Ward in his playing days at Swindon Town but Ward says this will not effect anything;
"During the time I spent at Swindon he was fantastic as a manager and as a bloke - I got on really well with him. I haven't spoken to him that much since but I have seen him on a few occasions when we've played his team."
"His Swindon squad was totally different to his current squad so it's hard to predict what tactics he will use, but we have played them twice this year. In the end I'm not a manager and that will be down to the Gaffer!"
Ward also stated that the current squad has the belief that they can get the job done at Wembley and send the terriers back to where they belong;
"We've said from the start of the season that we've got the squad here to beat anyone in this league and every single lad in the dressing room is confident we can come away with the victory on Saturday. We believe in ourselves and we believe that we can get the win."
"The Championship is an enticing prospect next season, but we just have to keep focussed - we know what we have to do. It would be a great achievement for us and I know everyone wants to better the Club and get it into the Championship."

No comments:

Post a Comment