Saturday 26 May 2012

Rhodes All Set For Wembley

Jordan Rhodes has bagged 40 goals for the terriers this campaign which has seen himself become a Scotland U21 regular as well as obtaining his debut for the Scotland international team. All the press seems to be focused on the striker but he is coping with it all in his stride. Here's what Rhodes had to say on Wednesday;
"I feel relaxed. I think last year we thought about the game too much, whereas this year we have tried to relax; hopefully come 5pm on Saturday everything will have gone well."
"If we get promoted it will be up there with one of the best achievements of my career to date, but we can't forget that we are up against a very good Sheffield United side. We are not getting ahead of ourselves - we are very focused on the task in hand. Sheffield are a good team who are very organised and have a good shape. Over the 90 minutes it is going to be a very tough encounter, but hopefully come 5pm Peter Clarke will be lifting the trophy for us."
"The occasion isn't about me or any of the players - it is about Huddersfield Town; we are working as a collective for the Club. It is about which team can keep their focus and score the most goals, which sounds very simple - but it never is. It will be a tight game; we won 3-0 at Bramall Lane earlier in the season and they beat us 1-0 in Huddersfield, which maybe shows that both teams play better away from home!"
Jordan Rhodes is officially the highest scoring footballer in the entire country this season but he still refuses to take full credit for his 40 goal haul.
"I don't put my goal-scoring this season down to anything specific; I have just worked as hard as I can in training and given my all when selected. Some games you find yourself wheeling away celebrating a goal whereas other days it doesn't go your way and you just have to work hard for the team. I do work on positioning in training but I think a lot of strikers can beat themselves up too much - footballers play better when they rely on their instincts. Luckily for me this season I have reacted well and been on the end of a few parries and rebounds."
"I don't allow myself to get down when I miss a chance; I turn it into a positive and think that I did the right thing by being in the position I was. Everybody is human and people will make mistakes or miss chances, but if you are making the right movements then you have to be positive."
Rhodes could well be the player to win the game on Saturday and with his future still undecided, it may well be his last game for the terriers depending on the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment