Monday 25 June 2012

Scannell Happy To Join Terriers

New Huddersfield Town winger/attacker Sean Scannell broke his silence after signing for the terriers and becoming their first transfer in since gaining promotion into the Championship. Scannell joins from Crystal Palace where he was brought through their academy and their reserves until he broke into the first squad a number of years ago.

Scannell spoke to the official club website about his very first transfer from his hometown club. This is what he had to say;

"I am more than happy to have got the deal sorted. Friday was an extremely long day, but I am happy to be here and looking forward to getting started."

"I knew that Huddersfield had looked at me before and they have done really well over the last couple of seasons - and finally got their little bit of luck in the Play-Off Final. I have always liked Huddersfield and when they showed an interest in me it was an easy decision for me to move north."

"I have only ever visited the north for away games, but I am really excited by the new challenge that awaits me! I am willing to come here, be a part of the team and give everything that I have got to help the team be successful. I am looking forward to proving to the Huddersfield fans what I can do on the football field - and hopefully being a success."

"I can play on either wing or upfront and I like to score goals; I haven't scored too many in my career, but I know that I can if provided with the opportunity. I like to do the odd trick and have lots of pace so hopefully I will be able to excite the fans on a match day."

"I think we can do well; there is already a very good squad of players here and with one or two additions we will be a match for anyone."

Sean Scannell will now be in the same squad as Alan Lee who he has already played alongside with earlier in his career at Palace.

"I like Al a lot, he helped me when he was at Palace and I am looking forward to seeing him again."

Scannell joins Huddersfield Town with immediate effect on a three year contract.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment