Wednesday 27 June 2012

Paul Dixon Snubs Others To Join Town

Huddersfield Town have today announced their second signing of the summer in the form of left back Paul Dixon. He joins on a free after his contract expired at SPL team Dundee United. Dixon has turned down a few other Championship clubs to become a terrier for next season and this is what he had to say;

"When I entered the final year of my contract at Dundee United I thought to myself that this would be my fourth season at the Club and that it was probably time to move on. It has always been an aspiration of mine to test myself in English football and I believe that the Championship, with Huddersfield Town, is the next step on the ladder. I believe I have made a good move."

"I think it is a step-up from football in Scotland and I believe it is the next logical step for my career. I am really looking forward to starting this new challenge - playing against completely different teams and players in different stadiums week in week out."

Simon Grayson was also delighted with the signing of Dixon and admitted he had to fight hard to get the full backs signature;

"Paul turned down a number of other Championship clubs to join us, which I believe speaks volumes about the football club. He is a left-back with lots of games behind him for both Dundee and Dundee United who also has international experience with Scotland. He will be a good addition to our squad for the upcoming season and many beyond."

"On the transfer front matters are progressing nicely; talks are on-going with a number of targets so we are pleased and will continue to work hard to secure them."



Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment