Monday 5 November 2012

Scannell Thanks The Fans

Sean Scannell scored his first goal for Huddersfield Town on Saturday and he played tribute to the fans that came to watch him earn his place in the starting XI. The winger has struggled to make his mark for the terriers since joining in the summer but he finally caught the managers eye with a sterling performance capped off with a first half goal. Scannell spoke to the official website after the Bristol City match;

"It's ended up being a good game, but to be fair it was a bit scrappy. I'm just happy that we've got the 1-0 win and it's nice to score; hopefully that can help to keep me in the first team. It was a really hard game and like I said it ended up being really scrappy. They had a few chances to score, but I thought we defended really well to keep the clean sheet and get the win."

"I know we have a lot of good players – we've had a couple injured today like Beckford and Vaughany but if I keep training hard, hopefully I can keep myself in the team."

Scannell's first goal in blue & white colours came from one of the best passing moves of the game with Clayton feeding the ball to Novak before the striker crossed for Scannell to prod the ball home at the back post; 

"It was a real piece of quality from 'Clayts' to set the move running and then it was a great delivery from Novak, but someone has to be there to put the ball in the net otherwise his cross goes out for a throw-in! I'm glad that I've got off the mark now; hopefully more will follow now."

The Croydon born winger/striker finished off his interview by thanking Town fans for their support up to now and throughout the Bristol City game;

"I thought the fans were quality. To be fair I love the fans here; they've really welcomed me and it feels like home already. I'd like to thank the fans for making me feel like that."

Scannell will be hoping that his performance & goal is enough to get himself into the starting XI for the game against Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday night when the terriers welcome home Jordan Rhodes for the first time since his £8m move from Huddersfield Town in the summer.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment